Now in the height of summer, if the holidays and the sea are still too far away, a weekend at the lake would be a great solution to escape the hot temperatures of the city.
But how do you find the best beaches along the perimeter of about 180 km of Lake Como?
We thought about it with our top 10!
Every beach has its pros and cons, you go from calmer and quieter locations to the best known ones on summer weekends, but whatever choice you make, you will be enchanted by the breathtaking views.
- Riva Bianca Beach, Lierna. The beach of Riva Bianca, surrounded by mountains, is a natural sight: white pebbles and spontaneous vegetation. There is a small bar but the beach is absolutely wild. The panoramic location will surely leave you amazed.
- Lenno’sLido. It is among the best known and the most frequented of the lake. Paid access and availability of all services offered by a bathing establishment. Unlike the previous one, here you will not find white but sand.
- Ossuccio’sLido. It is a long and narrow lawn overlooking the lake, overlooking Comacina Island. In the summer months it is targeted, given its proximity to the highway, but the breathtaking panorama pays off for the weekend brawl.
- Lario Mandello. A beach of pebbles where you can find a establishment that occupies a part with umbrellas and deckchairs for hire, while the rest is available to bathers freely. Both, especially on weekends, are crowded. There is also a refreshment bar on site. I recommend this beach especially to the youngest because from the jetty you can dive and the fun definitely does not lack!
- Bau Bau Beach, Olivedo Perledo. Bau Bau Beach is the only dog beach on the eastern branch of Lake Como. Here dogs can move freely, without muzzle and leash, always under the supervision of their owner. A gate prevents dogs from running towards the provincial road. According to the rules to be observed in order to access the “Animal friendly” area, the specimens must be registered in the dog registry, be in good health, free of infestations, not aggressive and not in heat.
- Lido di Argegno. The free beach of Argegno is characterized by clear pebbles that reflect sunlight, an ideal place to swim, dive in the crystal clear waters as well as devote yourself to fishing. If you prefer to take advantage of the comforts of a well-equipped establishment, the Lido di Argegno guarantees a swimming pool, a restaurant and a bar, as well as loungers and umbrellas with a corner of grass to relax. Paid access, but despite this it can be difficult to find a free place, especially in the summer.
- Onno Beach. Beach of pebbles and gravel, characterized by wild nature, it’s sunny only during the morning, being on the western shoreline of Lake Como. If you are looking for a place immersed in nature, where peace and tranquility reigns, you are in the right place. It is not visible along the road, in fact it can only be reached on foot.
- Domaso Beach. The beach is free and consists essentially of pebbles and grass. One of the most extensive beaches of the Upper Lake Como, also easy to reach, because it is a short walk from the town. Shaded by the trees along the park, it’s next to locals and camping bars by the lake.
- Abbadia Lariana Beach. Country a few minutes from Lecco, where you can find both a lido, from the grassy beach, equipped with cabins, deckchairs and bars; both a long and white pebble beach, where you can spread out your wipe and enjoy the complete relaxation. Just near the entrance to the Parco Ulisse Guzzi (where you can leave your car in the paid parking lots) there is an area equipped with tables and benches and a volleyball court.
- CadenabbiaBeach. The Lido di Cadenabbia is located on the shores of the lake, opposite the Bellagio Peninsula and offers a unique panorama for beauty. You can sunbathe at the edges of the pool or on the beach, or you can choose to enjoy the coolness of the trees and the lawn. The well-stocked bar offers the chance to enjoy all kinds of “long drinks” and the restaurant is renowned for its typical seafood dishes. In addition to the lido you can find a small free beach, but with services that allow the rental of umbrellas and various equipment. There is also a small bar that allows you to cool off.
This post is also available in: Italian
More from Made in Comolake
The Greenway dei Patriarchi is a walk that passes through Varenna and in some of its closest hamlets such as; …
San Valentino 2020: cosa fare sul lago di Como e dintorni. Scopri i nostri consigli per passeggiate ed itinerari alla …